Monday 5 December 2011

Safe to Learn Online?


The purpose of creating social networking websites (e.g. facebook, twitter, etc.) and online chat rooms is to link people from all around the world together and enhance communications (e.g. exchanging ideas, understanding others’ cultures, etc.). However, it seems that a lot of people have forgotten the original usefulness of online medias. Instead, the widespread use of social networking website has encouraged the phenomenon of cyber bullying.

According to the i-SAFE foundation, over 50% of teens have been bullied online and more than 1 in 3 young people have experienced cyber threats online. The alarming numbers have triggered debates on whether educators should encourage students’ participation in online learning.
Some people argue that limiting students’ access to the Internet can prevent cyber bullying. However, this is not an effective means to tackle the problem, rather we should be educating young people about the right way to use online platforms. This is because the use of information and communication technologies is inevitable in the 21st century.
Other than educating students properly using online media, it is also crucial for educators to choose a safe online platform to engaging students in online learning. Here the some tips of choosing a safe online learning platform:
1.     Networking population: it is a must to find out which other groups of people the online platform is open to. Can adults access the whole site? Which adults?
2.     Monitoring content: the online community should moderate the content of the forums regularly, and allow teachers to moderate their own students’ content.
3.     User guidelines: the online learning platform should provide user guidelines and assistance to teachers regarding the rules for using the learning platforms
We are a protected and moderated online learning community. To find out more, follow us on twitter and join our Facebook page.

2 comments:


  1. Hello,
    I was diagnosed of this HIV deadly disease a friend of mine introduce Dr fadeyi to me and I actually did contact him after he has prepare what he said he will do and he sent it to me and I used it according to his prescription after one week I went to the hospital to check my status again because I was feeling differently from the way I used when I was tested POSITIVE to my greatest surprise the status was NEGATIVE the medical doctors there was surprise and I have to tell the whole world about this if you are still having this similar problem I recommend you to Dr Fadeyi for you here is his email address: doctorfadeyitempleofspell@gmail.com you can call him any time on +2348109468820

    ANDERSON MORRISON

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello let me quick drop this testimony that I witness on my own. This man is real and he is genuine and he can as well

    help you as he did to me. Last month here I found out that am affected, but it was him that helped me. I was detected

    HIV positive but this man make me negative, I will do anything for this man that save my life I was hopeless when I

    saw my result and I was very sad, to see am positive and he that cure HIV didn’t let me down but he did according to

    his promise and make me great and strong, in him am writing this to the world to see that he is really great man and

    he can also help you, you can call him DR. okoko, this is his name and you can email him on any of this email

    okokoherbalhivcure@gmail.comand this man has rules and regulations, if you can go according to his rule you will be

    happy like me as I am now, this man cure takes 45mins with 100% guarantee assurance. you can call him any time on

    +2347053728736

    ReplyDelete